Register for UNA NZ 2020 online conference now!
7 July 2020
About this Event
United Nations Association of New Zealand Te Roopu Whakakothi Whenua o Aotearoa National Conference 2020
Saturday 25 July 2020, 10.00am – 4.30pm (NZST), Online!
The United Nations is marking its 75th anniversary at a time of great disruption for the world. Our annual National Conference provides a platform for promoting dialogue and thought-provoking discussion about the work of the United Nations. This year’s annual conference will look back at 75 years of the United Nations, with a particular emphasis on the Security Council.
The conference will open with the Dame Laurie Salas Memorial Address given by Dr Gill Greer.
Our guest speakers include:
- Dr James Kember, NZIIA Chair of Research and Publications Committee, former New Zealand Ambassador
- Simon Draper, Executive Director, Asia New Zealand Foundation
- Nicola Hill, Assessments Manager, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Nicholas Walbridge, Private Secretary, Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Kelly Mackie, former New Zealand Adviser to the United Nations
- Dr Negar Partow, Senior Lecturer in Security Studies Massey University, Special Officer for the UN Security Council
- Mark Howard, President UN Youth
- Dr Graham Hassall, Adjunct Research Associate School of Government Victoria University
- and more to be announced!
We look forward to you joining us for our inaugural virtual conference on Saturday 25 July 2020.
Our goal is to help New Zealanders understand the UN and promote engagement with it, and we work together with others to raise the importance of finding ways to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, Global Security and UN Renewal.
To learn more about the United Nations Association of New Zealand, including membership, visit us at: https://www.unanz.org.nz/.