UNA NZ National Conference 2019
The United Nations Association of New Zealand (UNA NZ) proudly presents our 2019 National Conference, bringing together nationwide members across six branches to participate though provoking lectures and discussions. This year's theme will focus on international rules-based order for disarmament, climate change, and non-aggression.
10 June 2019
Distinguished speakers include Colin Keating, Hon James Shaw MP (Green), Stuart Smith MP (National), Brig (rtd) Kevin Riordan, Dr. Kennedy Graham, Dr. Mere Skerrett, Dr. Cathy Downes and more.
Get your tickets today!
21 June 2019 (Hunter Council Chamber)
This day is free and open to the public. No ticket is required for entry.
- 2.00 - 4.00 PM - Secondary Schools Speech Awards: Regional Finalists
- 4.00 - 4.30 PM - Privacy in the era of Big Data: Meaning and implications for Aoteaora: Elise Antoine, UNA NZ Intern
- 4.30 - 5.45 PM - Dame Laurie Salas Memorial Address: Does our concern for security compromise peace?: Colin Keating, Distinguished former NZ Ambassador to the United Nations.
22 June 2019 (Hunter Council Chamber)
This day requires a ticket and is open to the public.
- 9:00 - 9:15 AM - Welcoming from UNA NZ President, Peter Nichols
- 9:15 - 9:30 AM - Introduction the international rules-based order
- 9:30 - 10:30 AM - Disarmament
- 11:00 - 12.30 PM - Climate Change
- 12:30 - 1:30 PM - Lunch and refreshments (included in ticket price)
- 1:30 - 3:30 PM - Non-aggression